Monday, March 23, 2009

The story of the Porcelain...

It all happened a mere 16 years ago...I sprinted on my two scrawny chicken legs...leotard on...to sit and listen to my gymnastics coach give us our next practice direction. As I ran to the mat - I couldn't think of a more entertaining way to take my seat, than to sprint straight into the balance beam, drape my arms beneith the beam and FLIP over it....in result landing exactly where I had planned...right on the mat. Little did I realize that in order to preform such a stellar move - positioning myself at the center of the beam would have been beneficial. As we all know - the sides of the beam must be held up. There they were. The metal bars which as I flipped over - CRASH!! Went my left front tooth. Bye, Bye 4th of tooth - I will miss you.
No fear, however - I had that puppy fixed up in a day or two. At one point, I recall sitting on the bus (tooth all busted and chipped) smiling at my peers thinking I looked tough. I had a busted tooth. I was a hard ball.
That feeling faded quite rapidly as I ran into Lonnie at school. Crush of my CHILDHOOD. I perhaps would have been better off just smiling a big toothy smile that corking my lips oddly as I tried the danger beneath...
16 years later...here I sit....minding my own. Was it the cheese, the cookies, the broccoli I had eaten at lunch? One will EVER know. All we will know - is the fact that Mr. Porcelain pulled right off my TOOTH!!! Fear overcame my body and I sat in disbelief. Tears formed, tears of laughter and disbelief appeared as I pictured how Amanda would react to such a horrific story!

8am tomorrow a.m. canNOT come fast enough....

No comments: